Sunday, November 4, 2012

Waste Not Want Not

Lacy Things For Lacey and Jarrod's Day

The wedding is two weeks away!
We are in the final stages of preparations
and everything is going great!

When Lacey and Jarrod selected their
theme for the wedding I was thrilled!

Burlap and Lace?
How perfect!
I have always loved lacy things
and loved Lacey even more
than lacy things!
I think I'm in heaven!

Here's where this story gets EVEN better!
Jarrod's precious grandmother was a collector!
Her name was Janis Rodney.
She loved all kinds of things.
One of the things she loved was LACE!
She was from the generation
where people saved everything and wasted NOTHING!
"Waste Not Want Not"


Jarrod and his mom Jill 
gave me the most amazing gift!
A huge box of LACE!


Isn't this fabulous.
What makes this so incredible is
some of the lace had been removed from
the original item it came from.
Curtains, tablecloths and dresses.
"Waste Not Want Not"

I think our grandparents really had things figured out! 
Don't you?

Now this treasure box of lace has
been repurposed into decorations for
her grandson's wedding!
A piece, 
or should I say many pieces of her
 will fill our day with love and joy.




We are grateful and will always
treasure her gift 
for


Lacey and Jarrod's
Happily Ever After!

No comments:

Post a Comment